100 years ago — 1909
A large group of Lannon men engaged themselves in harvesting ice from the Howard’s quarry pond.
The Wallen-Grunz Quarry Co. purchased some dwellings on the west side of Lake Shore Quarry for a possible move to downtown Lannon.
50 years ago — 1959
Lisbon had a women’s club called the Lisbonette Homemakers Club.
The Lannon Fire Department gained some qualified respirator operators and the equipment to administer oxygen. (The department’s telephone number was 4334.)
25 years ago — 1984
Mike Hyland was the coach of the Hamilton girls basketball team.
The Rich Ludka boys basketball team powered past Arrowhead at the Hartland gym, 52-34, for an 8-2 record, good enough for second place in the Braveland Conference. Al Van Mullem scored 34 points.
The Rev. Terry Brown, 29, of St. James Catholic Church, died of leukemia.
10 years ago — 1999
Firefighters from three local communities fought a massive blaze at H&H Auto and A Plus Foreign Auto that cost the two shops about $500,000 in damages.
Nick Quartaro, Lannon’s longest serving village president (25 years), died at 68.
5 years ago — 2004
The Lisbon Lighthouse Baptist Church on Howards Lane went from 4,000 to 9,000 square feet on its 20th birthday.
Janet Stolper died Feb 1 at 78. Born a Lisbon farm girl, she was a charter member of the Sussex Lioness Club.