100 years ago — 1908
The McKerrow farm on Lisbon Road west of Pewaukee Road (today Highway 164) in Lisbon was known worldwide for its Guernsey cows and sheep. Their poultry sideline, specializing in white Wyandottes and barred Plymouth rocks, produced fertile hatching eggs for sale “in season.”
50 years ago — 1958
Sussex High School Principal Winston Brown became the Waukesha Schools superintendent.
The Sussex 4-H Club elected David Manke its president and Nancy Cooling its vice president.
Lisbon farmer Daniel Meissner married Deborah June Dueringer on Sept. 26 at the Baptist church in Merton.
25 years ago — 1983
Sussex Place held a grand opening under new ownership at its downtown site.
The Quilted Bear Supper Club in Germantown was owned by Sussex’s Willi Marx and Lannon’s John Piontek.
10 years ago — 1998
State Sen. Margaret Farrow was the keynote speaker at a meeting of the Sussex-Lisbon Business and Professional Association.
Friends for nearly 70 years, Madeline Halquist, 88, and Ruth Wileden, 97, had dinner together at Olde Templeton Inn.
The 14th annual local chili cook-off acquired traveling-trophies for contest winners.
5 years ago — 2003
Jim and Marilyn DeBoth were key volunteers at the Sussex Food Pantry.
Penny Kundert was named acting director of the Sussex Food Pantry.
Lannon built a new concession stand at the Joecks Field baseball diamond and made plans to add new bleachers.